Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Day

 
Here are a couple of works in progress - I've started blanket stitching the center section of wool applique "Little Tulip Crossing" designed by Lisa
Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. Her method of preparation is to fuse the pieces using Steam a Seam 2 lite. I had trouble getting the pieces to stick, so I pinned some of the pieces, but I don't like getting "stuck". Yesterday I rewatched Lisa's episode of "Quilt with the Stars" on QNN to see what I'm doing wrong - I'll press again using more steam. She used lots of little presses and lots of steam.

 
The February "Dixie Diary" block is finished and posted on the Flicker group. I had an idea to fussy cut the oval applique - the original pattern has either a star or a heart in the center of each block.
 
 



 


1 comment:

  1. Kathy, Your work is excellent. These are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete