Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year


One more finish for 2011!

Resuming my blogging as the new year begins - the secret project is finished and safely at its' destination before Christmas; (plus my camera was missing for a while, finally found it under the seat of the car!)

I finished the redwork Alphabet Sunbonnet Sue on the last day of the old year.(see above) I started embroidering the blocks in 2000 and finished that about 2005; the blocks were put away until I got them out earlier this year and put them together with sashing, machine quilted in the ditch and hand quilted in the blocks.



Jelly Ohs 1

And here is the finished secret project. My next youngest sister commisioned me to make a quilt for her to give to our youngest sister for Christmas. This is a jelly roll pattern designed by Joanna Figueroa she named Jelly-Ohs, (the block pattern is actually "Crown of Thorns".) I used some strips from the Shangra La collection jelly roll I've had for a while and added some strips of other fabric and the border is also Shangra La. It was fun to piece using Thangles for the hst.s, and I machine quilted it.






2 comments:

  1. The redwork project took you a long while but worth the time you spent. A good finish and sweet looking blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful projects! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete