Sunday, June 5, 2011

This Kit Has Aged Long Enough

Preparing and Placing Fusible Applique Pieces (Original Pattern)


Machine Blanket Stitching (Simplified Pattern)
I dug this project out and decided to finish it. It's a table runner kit that I bought from a vendor at the DQG Quiltfest about 2004 (?). I had started it before and gotten frustrated because there was not enough fabric in the kit for the applique pieces-so it was put away. Today, I thought I would search for fabric in my stash that would go, but got frustrated with that too; and decided to simplify the pattern and eliminate some of the flowers. I liked it that way-so I got all the pieces cut out, fused and stitched. (I had pieced the background earlier). It is from the pattern "Cottage Basket Table Runner" by Art to Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment