Saturday, December 4, 2010

RRCB Step 2


Half Square Triangles

The clue was on Bonnie's blog on Friday, and I had all 120 units done on Sunday! At one point I was happily chain piecing with kirtan music playing, zoning out, when I got to the end, reached around in back of the machine to remove the chain and surprise-no chain, just pieces. I had run out of bobbin thread halfway through the first pair!
 Using the Easy Angle ruler, it does make accurate units. I have been doing HSTs by cutting squares, drawing the line diagonally and stitching 1/4 inch from both sides of the line; and then squaring up. They are perfectly accurate that way but take a long time and is tiring on the wrist. I will surely make them with this ruler when I have so many to do in the future.
 This mystery is so much fun-I have made much faster progress than I thought I would. It helps that the weather has turned cold, drizzly and/or snowy.


No comments:

Post a Comment