Friday, July 9, 2010

Basting

Top is finished and I started pin basting yesterday. The previous quilt (Chrissy's ) I tried basting on my cutting table by clamping the backing in sections. It was much nicer standing up, but I had trouble with puckers in the backing when I machine quilted. So its back to crawling around on the floor! I can get the backing good and taut (careful not to stretch) by using clamps on the backing fabric and sticking a large pin through the clamp handles straight down into the carpet.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful quilt Kathy. It looks like what my sister is trying to tell me about pointy tips. I wanted to say thank your for being my first follower at Unearthing Quiltability. I was so surprised to go to the site and see you there that I was tickled pink! It is nice to meet you ... and I hope a long friendship inspires!

    Our best,
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete