Sunday, May 30, 2010

In Sinc


I have been collecting indigos and recently acquired the above indigos from a deceased guild member's stash. I've thought of making evening stars, baskets, etc., but nothing clicked until I was looking through a 1992 quilt magazine and saw a quilt made of little churn dash blocks set on point with double pink setting squares-YES that's it! I was looking at the photo and figuring out the unit and block measurements to use (no pattern in the mag.)and had decided on 5 inch blocks with 2 inch h.s. triangle units and 1 inch center square and side rectangles. This was just last night. ...Then this morning I looked at Bonnie Hunter's blog post for today and she showed how she was cutting out and kitting up 5 inch churn dash blocks and using the same measurements I had thought of!

No comments:

Post a Comment