Friday, December 11, 2009

Stars of Hope Top is Done




I had the first two borders done on Tuesday afternoon, took it to the evening guild meeting, got my name in the drawing but didn't win. We had a delicious potluck and speaker who showed antique family quilts.
On Sunday, I had the center panel together; put it up on the design wall and saw that the fabric I used for the inner part of the big star clashed with the other blues. So I took it all apart and redid it. That was a delay ( I finished the first two borders a half-hour before the meeting on Tuesday!), but am glad I made it right.
Today (Friday) I put the final border on and started getting the backing fabric(from my stash) ready.

I also got a nice surprise this afternoon - the Athena's Puzzle kit that I had ordered from Keepsake last July was delivered! I wasn't expecting it because I just received a card three days ago saying it was still on backorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment